Friday, April 22, 2011

OH Boy His is turning 1



Planning a birthday party for our son has been more difficult then I imagined it to be...HOw do single mothers do it? I take my hat of for those single mothers that no only take care of their children but also everything else that life brings with them, like the seasonal flu, working, and providing for a child. I guess that we all adjust to life but let me tell you this birthday party is getting bigger and more complicated as we get closer to the day.

All details will be handmade by me, hoping that he naps long enough to let me work on some of the crafts.

We decided on a Mickey Themed party so I have began making all the invitations.


to make them, I used simple cardstock already made cards and envelopes I purchased at Hobby Lobby (my favorite Store) and some placecards I had left over from our wedding reception (2 yrs ago). I printed them at home and was lucky to find a hole puncher at Hobby Lobby with the Mickey Monogram.

One of the reasons I decided to make them myself is because I try to avoid spending too much on things that I know people will throw away, I love crafting but always keeping in mind the environment, our pocket, and if it is useful to others or not.


I think that this puncher is going to help me build the theme with little mickey heads all over the place.

I am aware that I don't have much time to plan a birthday party, but I don't have much of a choice to do this barely a month before as it will be on May 21...

No comments:

Post a Comment