Monday, November 8, 2010

Enjoying the Cool Weather in Texas.

These past few days have been on the 50s and we are loving the weather. Both me and my husband like the temperature below 75 degrees; even though we grew up in South Florida, and are used to the humid and hot weather all year long.

We are know drinking hot chocolates, flavored coffees, and I have been knitting hats for our little one.

Photobucket

I made a few before I gave birth, but I am making him some new ones because those other ones are fitting him a little tight.

Photobucket


The moment that I became pregnant with him I became inspired to create and do many things I had not done in a while including knitting and painting. I was thought basic knitting at the age of 6 or 7 by my mother, she thought the 3 of us (my other 2 sisters).


Photobucket

It was a way of keeping us entertained in the afternoons and we all seemed to enjoy it very much as we were only allowed to watch TV for 1/2 hour daily...24 years later, little did I think I would remember how to knit anything; but surprisingly I did! I not only remember but was able to create something for my baby Gianmarco. I made him a few simple hats, and recently a more elaborate "Bear hat"...

Photobucket


I love crochet! and anything that is handmade, I value the work of others and therefore I try to make my own things. I am new to this housewife thing, so I really have not done much yet, but I am willing to learn and take advantage of the time I will be home with him to do as much as I can before I go back to the workforce.

Photobucket

I love how he looks with the hat on, he looks so yummy and makes me want to take hundreds of pictures of him (Which I do anyway)...

Photobucket

It only takes me about 1 or 2 hours to complete one these..

No comments:

Post a Comment