Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The month to Give Thanks

Today on facebook someone posted on their status that we should post something we give thanks for on everyday of November. My post for today was " I give thanks for a healthy little boy who is sweeter then honey" I truly meant it, and I am looking forward to giving thanks every day and pass down the positive energy to all my friends in facebook. Giving thanks means to be grateful and to appreciate what we already have in our lives, without jealousy or envy toward others because they have something better then us. It means love and to cherish the people in our life, to feel happy for our friends and family as they accomplish success.


I give thanks for my little chubby baby who has made me feel the happiest person even on a bad day...the one who makes me forget about people who try to get me upset, and makes me realize that life is very important and therefore I need to enjoy every minute that I have with him.

Photobucket

Gianmarco practicing sitting up at 5 months old

Photobucket


In Only 5 months he has thought me so much about life...that it is worth living every minute with LOVE, PATIENCE, & CALMNESS. How can he teach me that? well, he is the most loving and patient baby I have ever seen before. He barely cries about anything, he smiles most of the time and when he is not smiling he is calmed...entertaining himself with his hands and exploring the world around him looking at color patterns and reaching out to touch new shaped objects. He only cries for a diaper change...or if I interrupt his calmness by putting clothes on him; for that reason, he spends most of the day in a diaper and at times maybe a shirt.

Photobucket

Did I mentioned that he is loving his hands now?

Photobucket

Photobucket

He loves to play tummy time on this blanket, or simply lay down and look around while I clean, work on my photography, or get things done around the house. Is it in beautiful? It was handmade by my friend and ex-coworker Sandra Mtz. I really loved it since the moment she gave it to me when she came to visit us for the first time after I gave birth, (I think he does too).

Photobucket

To night I will go to sleep giving thanks for this baby, and for the many friends that have become part of my life as we live far from home. Life without them around would be much different, less fun and less exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment